Archive Use Policy
Use of the church’s history website is permitted for non-commercial, personal, academic or research use only. The U.S. Copyright law permits certain uses of copyrighted materials, if specifically provided, or if that use falls within the definition of "Fair Use" as described by that law. Transmission or reproduction, whether by electronic means or otherwise, of protected items beyond what is allowed by the limitations of the U.S. Copyright law requires the written permission of the copyright owner. If you use any of the material, any Copyright and other propriety notices should be kept intact with the material. Granting or withholding of permission to use materials that are under the jurisdiction of the church’s historian and staff is determined on a case by case basis, and a usage fee may be required depending on the type of proposed use.
Request to use materials from the digital collection require the following information:
- Printed Name, position/title, mailing address, telephone and email address of person making the request.
- List of requested digital items to be transferred or reproduced electronically or otherwise.
- Brief description of intended use of material including purpose, audience, format, when and where to be used.
The Church Office:
Telephone: (919) 732-8174; Fax (919) 732-8175
Copyright of Collections
Unless otherwise noted, all materials that are part of this Website, including images, illustrations, logos, icons, artifacts, photographs, video clips, and written and other materials are copyrighted and include trademarks, trade dress and/or other intellectual properties owned, controlled or licensed by First Baptist Church, Hillsborough NC. When possible, we will provide information about copyright of digital items included in the collection and that are accessible on the Website. Users should be aware that some materials in this digital collection may be subject to additional restrictions enforced by collaborating institutions and organizations or may be protected by the U. S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U. S. C.). Reproduction of materials can be restricted by the host institution, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, or licensing and trademarks. As a user, your are ultimately responsible for determining copyright restrictions, for obtaining necessary written permission, and for paying any fees necessary for the reproduction or proposed use of the materials.
Notice of Copyright Infringement
We desire to comply with all intellectual property laws and to act expeditiously upon receiving any notice of claimed infringement. If you believe that your work has been reproduced on this website in a manner that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide a notice of copyright infringement containing all of the following information:
- 1. Printed name of person authorized to act on behalf of plaintive.
- The address, telephone number or e-mail address of the complaining party (#1).
- Identification of the website material claimed to be infringed or to be the subject of an infringement investigation.
- A signed statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notice of copyright infringement is accurate, and that the complaining party (#1) is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the right that is allegedly infringed.
All notices of copyright infringement should be sent to:
First Baptist Church
223 West King Street
Hillsborough, NC 27278
To learn more about copyright legal issues and guidelines consult the U.S. Copyright Office’s online guide at: http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ1.pdf